Tuesday, March 25, 2008

I won!!!



Back in September, I joined a fitness competition that my all girl fashion forum was holding. It was $5 to enter and the winner would receive $145. I have been needing to lose weight and that gave me the drive to do it!!! The competition started September 1 and ended March 1st. We submitted anonymous before pics and then anonymous after pics. I honestly did not expect to win. Of course I wanted to, but just did not think I would be that lucky. A lot of the girls dropped out because they gave up or just quit. There were only 4 girls left, so that gave me a good advantage!! haha

I know a lot of brides want to lose weight before their wedding, so I will share what I am doing!! Hopefully this will help someone!!

Back in September I started Weight Watchers. I followed it pretty well. By December, I had lost like 20 or so pounds. Then in January, I stopped counting my points, but still watched what I ate. I had gotten used to the WW system.
Most of the WW days, I would eat the following..
B: maple & brown sugar oatmel or this frozen ww breakfast english muffin w/ egg, cheese and canadian bacon
L: I would eat a fresh express caesar salad and then a frozen ww meal.
D: I would sometimes cook ww meals, eat frozen dinners..or just regular meals.
I stopped drinking diet sodas and started drinking crystal light or just plain water.

Now, I just drink plain water. I haven't had any crystal light in like a month.
I also started working out with a trainer in January. I've been working out 6 days a week. Before January, I worked out about 3 or 4 days.
This is the plan I have been following now....It is intense, but really works!!!
I do this plan 2x a week.
Monday: chest, back, abs, 60 mins on elliptial machine
Tues: shoulders, arms (biceps/triceps), abs, 45 mins on treadmill (starting at 0% incline, going up 2% every 5 mins until 8% and then going back down)
Wed.: legs and abs if I feel like it. (I have been training abs everytime I do legs, but the trainer says I don't have to) then 30 mins on the bike

Then start the routine all over again. You get one day of rest...with wedding season starting, I think my day of rest will be Saturdays!!!

And here are a few pics of the gym that I go to. They hired me to do some portfolio pics that they could take to different companies and get more business!




I love how all of the cardio equipment has personal tvs and you can watch whatever you want!! I watch a lot of shows on Mtv and Vh1--like ANTM and Rock of Love...those shows are great while exercising!!

If you want to watch a movie, you can go to the cardio theatre, where they play different movies through the week! This is my mom's favorite room!

I don't take many classes, but they offer a lot and the room is very nice....

This is where I like to be, because I'm wanting to get buff!! haha =) Seriously!!

I've been wanting to try a spin class, but still haven't gotten around to it yet! I'm chicken!! haha


No comments:

Blog Archive